These days I am reading a plenty of books. Mostly Entrepreneurial, Statistical and Inspirational.
I like reading books when I was small, had missed them during my
teen years, now I have started back. Here I just want to share what
books I have read and what I understood from them.
"Think and grow rich!" by Napolean Hill
The author has really made research before writing this book, there are a
lot of data given to support his book. This is very inspirational and
motivational book. I couldn't write much about this book as I read the
book a long ago.
"Outliers: The Story of Success" by Malcolm Gladwell
Malcolm Gladwell will tell how Steve Jobs, Bill Gates were given plenty
of opportunities to build Apple and Microsoft respectively. How Warren
Buffet became the business tycoon. There are a lot of supportive data
telling that even the year of their birth was the first opportunity they
got. It is a must read book but never should take it personally. This
books speaks of the opportunities the outliers got and also tells how
hardly they worked. Opportunities are given to everybody but also the
hard work matters as Malcolm Gladwell says 10000 hrs is the effort you
need to put to master something and use the opportunities effectively.
"Freakonomics: A Rogue Economist Explores the Hidden Side of Everything" by Steven D
This book tells that crime rate in USA was reduced because they allowed
abortion. Again this book gives a lot of data and statistics. The book
gives a new way to see the world and analyze the data. It speaks how the
drug dealers had a very good corporate style of handling money and
people. How people being black effected their way of life and education.
How names influenced in interviews and how people keep the names to
their children. Note: This books speaks about only USA and never should be related to India.
"Stay Hungry Stay Foolish - The inspiring stories of 25 IIM Ahmedabad graduates who chose to tread a path of their own making" by Rashmi Bansal.
This book really didn't interested me but I tried to understand every
stories character and his way of life. All 25 IIM graduates were from a
family of open minds where there parents were financially sound,
independent and in most cases both the parents were working also can say
as upper middle class or higher family. All 25 of them didn't have much
dependencies when they came out with MBA from IIM and they were free to
explore their options with the plenty of opportunities they got because
of IIM and their backgrounds. They did pretty well and are the most
successful. Points to note are success doesn't come in few days, it
takes time so be patient and try hard.
Please give suggestion and let me know how I can improve the blog.
No comments:
Post a Comment